"ACME RECUITEMENT VIDEO"
Welcome to ACME LTD, a social community that focuses on gaming as a whole. From Star Wars Galaxies to World of Worldcraft our guild’s primary goal is to make a fun, social environment where we can band together and conquer the countless Dungeons and Raids for gear, prestige and for the fun of it.
With the release of Star Wars the Old Republic ACME LTD is at it again and this time in a brand new world to explore. So if you love adventure, excitement, and cool gear while having a blast. Then come and join our Active Comedic Members for Entertainment.
Players across Azeroth have recently embraced a new, very personal achievement: leveling a character "Iron Man" style. What started out as only a small movement, this bare bones, no-frills style of play has now transformed into a community-wide call-to-arms known as the Iron Man WoW Challenge, inviting World of Warcraft enthusiasts to see how close they can get to level cap with only the barest of necessities.
The goal of the Iron Man WoW challenge is simple: reach level 85. The catch, however, is that you must accomplish this task without the assistance of talents, class specialization, stat-improved gear, professions, buffs, item enhancements, or other players. And if you die? Well, then it’s back to square one.
Here are some of the latest rules:
THE BIG ONE: If you die, EVER, that character is removed from the challenge.
1) No heirlooms.
2) No items equipped other than White or Gray items (except bags)
3) No item enhancements -- enchants/spellthread/weapon chains/etc.
4) No food buffs. Only white vendor-quality food & drink may be used.
5) No item buffs. No scrolls, elixirs, flasks, etc. (except Quest items).
6) No potions (except Quest items).
Spells & Abilities Rules:
7) You may train and use class abilities learned from trainers (including Rogue poisons).
8) No talent points/pet talent points.
9) No specialization. No glyphs.
10) No guild perks. If you are guilded, it must be a level 1 guild.
11) No questing groups. All combat must be soloed -- parties to trade/portal/etc. are permitted.
12) No battlegrounds/arenas.
13) No dungeons/raids that reward experience. All leveling must be done out in the world.
14) No combat-enhancing addons (QuestHelper/Auctioneer/etc. are fine, use your own judgment).
15) No professions, primary or secondary, other than First Aid.
16) No sending gold/items from other characters*.
*You must earn your own gold/items via questing, looting, or trading/AHing.
Interested? Awesome! To sign-up for the Iron Man WoW Challenge and discuss your progress with fellow participants (once you get started), head on over to the official forums. Additional rules and details can also be found on the unofficial Iron Man WoW website, hosted and moderated by players like you.
Thanks to Cautious-Kirin Tor, Neverdied-Durotan, Sandinhiseye-Feathermoon, Haldren-Proudmoore, Selenagnomez-Kil'jaeden, and everyone else who's helped inspire and promote this challenge!
We previously introduced the ability to form cross-realm parties with Real ID friends, and now with Patch 4.3.2, we're adding the ability for players to use that same functionality to form raids to run older normal or heroic raids, or participate in Battlegrounds!
This will allow you to join up with your Real ID friends from other realms and:
Please note, you will not yet be able to run normal or Heroic Dragon Soul with cross-realm Real ID raids.
As we look forward to the BattleTag system, it’s a very exciting time for World of Warcraft. No matter what realm you and your friends are on you’ll be able to team up and take on group content throughout the game.